The content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
What is Source Naturals Neptune Krill Oil
Source Naturals Neptune Krill Oil is a dietary supplement produced from natural krill oil. Neptune Krill Oil (NKO®) is touted as a great source of natural Omega-3 that is found in a phospholipid form, making it easier to ingest, digest and utilize.
Source Naturals Neptune Krill Oil is produced by Neptune Technologies and BioResources. The company has been in existence as early as 2003. As a flagship product, this product is manufactured using a patented extraction method to ensure the Krill oil is pure.
On Average, the product retails at $22 for a 500mg (60 soft gels) bottle. The price, however, is dependent on the retail shop you buy the product from. Retailers sold the product as high as $40 per bottle.
The Science Behind Source Naturals Neptune Krill Oil
Neptune Technologies and BioResources pride themselves as technological hub. The claim to be driven by a passion of science in all their development works. Source Naturals Neptune Krill Oil uses oil harvested from Krill since it has been proven to be more Bioavailable and potent than fish oil.
The krill oil used in this product is gotten from Krill fisheries that have been inspected and proven to meet the Commission for the Conservation of Antarctic Marine Living Resources sustainable harvesting standards. This ensures that the krill used is of the highest quality man can get without depleting the environment.
What Source Naturals Neptune Krill Oil Claims To Work?
Source Naturals Neptune Krill Oil contains Omega-3 fatty acids (alternatively known as n-3 fatty acids). Omega-3 fatty acids are polyunsaturated fatty acids that are beneficial nutrients for optimal health.
Omega-3 fatty acids are essential in our bodies since it supports numerous normal body functions. Functions such as building cell membranes in the brain and controlling blood clotting are independent on Omega-3 fatty acids. Sadly, we don’t manufacture the Omega-3 fatty acid and thus we must get it from the food and supplements we take.
Source Naturals Neptune Krill Oil promises;
- Protection against heart related disease and stroke.
- Reduction in the risk of cancer
- Rehabilitation and protection against inflammatory bowel disease
- Rehabilitation of lupus and rheumatoid arthritis.
What are the Source Naturals Neptune Krill Oil Ingredients?
The most important ingredients of Source Naturals Neptune Krill Oil are the Omega-3 fatty acids. There are two types of omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA found in Source Naturals Neptune Krill oil.
- EPA – EPA is effective in decreasing the triglyceride level in our bodies. Triglyceride is remotely associated with cell inflammation. This property of EPA makes the ingredient critical in fighting joint inflammation and other cell inflammation related complications.
- DHA – DHA, on the other hand, produces delta-5-desaturase. Delta-5-desaturase is a chemical that inhibits production of arachidonic acid (AA). AA is the biggest cause of cellular inflammation. It is linked to tens of complication we experience daily.
Source Naturals Neptune Krill Oil Advantage
- Krill oil might be better absorbed in the body than fish oil.
- Produced by a renowned company
- Product of the USA
Source Naturals Neptune Krill Oil Disadvantages
- Lots of competitors in the market
- Official website lacks enough information
- Lacks an official merchant site
Source Naturals Neptune Krill Oil is a dietary supplement produced from natural krill oil that help to protect against heart related disease and stroke. This supplements is good and can be taken after consulting your physician.