One of the many parts of an effective and attractive beauty care routine is good eyebrow care and make up. The eyebrows can be an arresting feature that draws attention to the shape of your face and the beauty of your eyes. While the eyebrows themselves are not something that stands out—unless they are poorly groomed—they are a great frame for your faces. Plucking your eyebrows is one way to groom them and keep your natural shape. Another idea is to wax the eyebrows.
Ideally, you should go to your beauty consultant professional to have your eyebrows waxed. They provide safe and quality service as part of your eyebrow care and make up routine. However, sometimes you may want to wax those eyebrows on your own, saving the cost of going to the salon. The three major steps in waxing your eyebrows are preparing the eyebrow, applying the wax and removing the hair.
Let’s start with some tips on preparing the eyebrow:
- The first step is to be sure your eyebrow shape is defined. Use a tiny toothbrush or a clean mascara wand to serve as a tiny comb to brush your eyebrow and define the natural shape.
- Apply a topical astringent such as witch hazel to anesthetize this sensitive area a bit.
- Move back a few feet from the mirror to work out just exactly what the complete shape of your eyebrow is.
- Take a ruler and hold it level with the inner corner of your eye and parallel to your nose, this will tell you where the eyebrow should start.
- Mark the starting point with a dot, using an eyebrow pencil.
- The highest point of your eyebrow shape can be found by holding the ruler at the edge of your nostril, past the outer edge of the colored part in your eye and up to the eyebrow. Also mark this spot with a dot.
- Lightly draw a line that links the dots in the ideal shape of you eyebrow. The goal is smooth arched brow, tapering slightly at the outer ends.
The next step in your eyebrow care and make up routine of waxing is to apply the wax. Having purchased a professional grade waxing kid, you’ve only to follow the directions. Once you have the wax warmed up to the desired temperature, use the provided removal strips to apply a thin layer of wax where you wish to remove hairs. Do not let the wax dry on your skin.
As soon as the eyebrow wax is applied, remove the strip by pulling against the direction of your eyebrow hair growth. Hold the skin taut with one hand and pull off the strip quickly with the other. This is going to sting and there is no way around that. Soothe the irritated area with a moisturizing lotion that has some pain relief formula included. As with most beauty rituals, eyebrow care and make up takes time and patience but the results are a well-groomed, beautiful you!